We at Latin American Women’s Aid will only collect, process and store information about you that you have willingly provided. We aim to be open about collecting this information and clear about what we will use it for. When you give us a donation or sign up to support us in other ways, we will ask for your personal data. We will use this information in the following ways, with your consent:
- Processing donations on the basis of your consent and/or our legitimate interests.
- Keep you up to date with what we do with the support you provide.
- Send you information about related activities and campaigns so that you can continue supporting our work.
- To provide you with a service and to record how you would like to hear from us.
Our legitimate interests include:
- Administration and improvement of our website.
- The provision of information about our services, campaigns and fundraising activities.
- Management of relationships with our volunteers, donors and other supporters.
- Compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We will never share or sell your personal data to a third-party organisation for that organisation’s own campaigning, marketing or fundraising purposes. We may share your information with third parties in the process of managing your engagement with us, such as payment processors for donations or campaigning and engagement purposes.
Building profiles of supporters and targeting communications
We may use profiling and screening techniques to ensure communications are relevant and timely, and to provide an improved experience for our supporters. We do this because it allows us to understand the background of the people who support us and helps us to make appropriate requests to supporters who may be able and willing to give more than they already do. Importantly, it enables us to raise more funds, sooner, and more cost-effectively, than we otherwise would. We do this using third party websites and will always encrypt and anonymise your information in order to exclude you from any targeted advertising.
If you change your mind after ‘opting in’ to receive our information, you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of every email you receive, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. The CEO will respond on data protection issues, within 28 days.
What do we mean by Personal Data?
This means any information that may be used to identify you, such as your name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and your bank details if you are supporting us financially.
- Your full name
- Contact details including your postal address, telephone number(s) and email address
- Donation history and Gift Aid details
- Information you may enter on the Latin American Women’s Aid website
- Occupation or other biographical information
- Other information you share with us
- Details of your case when providing you with advice or services
Your rights to your personal information.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request that we erase your personal information, restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise these rights, we may need you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please submit requests using the contact details below and we will respond within 28 days. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records, including all of the email addresses you have used when in contact with us. Where you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Checks, Controls and Safety.
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details. We encrypt all our forms and provide guidance on how to protect yourself while browsing. We also require you to actively consent to our tracking cookies every 4 months, to enable us to have your latest privacy preferences stored.
There are times when we may be forced to share your information with police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors without your permission (sometimes referred to as ‘breaching confidentiality’). This could be for one of the following reasons:
- where the user is disclosing information about an act of terrorism;
- where a court orders Latin American Women’s Aid to disclose information;
- where there is reasonable cause to suspect that an adult’s life may be in immediate danger;
- where there is reasonable cause to suspect that a child or young person may be experiencing or at risk of experiencing significant harm.
If you have any questions you can contact us using the form on the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website, or email email@example.com. The CEO will reply within 28 days.