Tomorrow, LAWA’s VAWG Coordinator Victoria Gutierrez will be at the Colombian Consulate (London) from 6pm to talk about online abuse.
The event is free to attend and is part of a cycle of talks given by Latin American organisations in London.
Some of the points Victoria will talk about:
- What is online abuse and how to recognise it
- What does the law say about it?
- How to protect yourself
Please see the poster below for more details!
Today we kick start our first ever crowdfunding campaign! We are joining forces with the Global Giving platform to raise funds that will be used to improve the lives of the children living in our refuge.
MAKE A SHELTER A HOME FOR LATIN AMERICAN CHILDREN!
We have a little over a month to raise £5,000, and we need your help!
1. DONATE! : ) Definitely the most important thing. Donations start from £10, and all donations mean a lot. We need to raise at least £2500 but we also need this money to come from at least 50 DIFFERENT PEOPLE
2. Tell your friends: let your friends, colleagues and family know about this. We can take donations from people from all over the world, as the system accepts Paypal. Send emails, post on social media, and ask them to do right away! IF WE RAISE £1500 DURING THE FIRST WEEK, WE ARE MORE LIKELY TO REACH OUR TARGET
3. Go to our Facebook page every single day starting Monday and like/comment/share our crowdfunding-related publications. Our beloved Facebook doesn’t really show our posts to everyone that follow us, but the more interaction we have, the more likely the post will be seen by more people. So, like like like!!!
Come and join us on 4th November!